Access customers are the largest untapped market in the world. They make up at least 24% of New Zealand’s population – over 1 million people. That is 1 in 4 New Zealanders; or 1 in 4 in your own community or family. Yet for this group, accessing businesses and organisations can be challenging.
An access customer is a person who:
- Is blind or has difficulty reading small print
- Uses a wheelchair or is unable to walk easily
- Is Deaf or has trouble hearing in noisy places
- Finds it difficult to read and understand things
- Is carrying a child or has to maneuver a stroller
- Is from a different country with a different language
In fact, we will all have access needs at some point in our lives, so a 100% accessible society will benefit us all.
Who do you know who could be an Access Customer? Contact me to find out how your business could become more accessible.